> > Most of these static customers are  legitimate business networks
> > running their own mail server, and have  neither the need nor desire
> > to relay their mail through Comcast's  SMTP servers.  I think your
> > general idea is very good, but you're  reaching a little too far with
> > this one.
>
> 'No need nor desire', that's not really any good excuse. Use a relay or
> find your mail rejected, I'd say.

He doesn't need any excuse. From his point of view (and from mine too), you
would need it. There is no RFC stating that mail not conforming to your
requirements have to be dropped.

I well understand adding reasonable penalty scrores to them, not stopping them
at once.

However, the customer is your. So...

Giampaolo Tomassoni - IT Consultant
Piazza VIII Aprile 1948, 4