On Thursday 02 November 2006 08:42, François Rousseau wrote:
> Greylisting is not always good...
>
> The greylisting insert delay in delevery and sometimes the email have to be
> delever fast.
>
> For example: on some public wireless network, you have to register to have
> access to the internet.  You can access internet without authentification
> for 15 minutes.  In this 15 minutes, you have to register in the captive
> portal and then go confirm your inscription by clicking in a link received
> by email.  If the greylisting insert more then 15 minutes of delay...

I use policyd and give my users the ability to optout (or optin depending on
the domain settings) of greylisting if they choose. They can do it through a
plugin in SquirrelMail so, if they choose, they can turn it off for a few
minutes to get "instant" delivery and turn it back on when they are done or
just leave it off. It seems to work well enough here.

I have to agree with others in this thread that, in general, the more you can
safely stop before it hits your filtering system, the happier you'll be.

> I think technologies like SPF have a better futur.

I don't know. I've seen too many problems with SPF and mail forwarding from
hosting providers.

[snip]
--
Randy Smith