John Rudd wrote:
I had a similar problem. I don't divert unknown addresses to salearn, but if I don't fish a message out of my spam folder within X days, it gets automatically sent to sa-learn and awl.

Then, last week, I started seeing BAYES_00 on messages that would have otherwise been scored as spam. I responded by removing the negative values for low bayes probabilities.

Wait, how does training random text as spam indicators result in Bayes thinking that text indicates ham?

At worst, I can see it diluting the Bayes scores for strong indicators, resulting in more hits close to BAYES_50. But to trigger BAYES_00 means that you have to have trained something similar *as ham*.

I expect this has less to do with automated training (since, by your description, we're not talking auto-learn, so it won't learn anything in that folder as ham) and more to do with a new type of spam that simulates real mail more effectively, or that manages to get auto-learned in the initial SA process (if you have auto-learn enabled).

--
Kelson Vibber