Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
> I hope I don't get bashed as it seems like this should be common knowledge,
> but with the significant increase in spam I need to PROVE to management that
> SA is still doing a good job- (and that I'm doing mine)

Turn it off for an hour?  <g>

If you divert spam on a per-account basis to individual spam folders,
hack up a quick script to count messages in the spam folder, and send
that data (broken down by day, maybe) along with "How many times have
you had a legitimate message go missing?" or "How many spams do you see
in your inbox?".

> I see that spamstats  as well as sa-stats both read/process/parse/examine
> only maillog files I do not have a maillog file.
> How does one create a functioning maillog  and have it record the appropriate
> info for retrieving stats?
>
> My setup is as follows
>
> BSD 5.4
> EXIM
> CLAMAV
> SPAMASSASSIN
>
> Currently the logs I have to record mail activity and spam data are
>
> Mainlog
> Rejectlog
> Paniclog

Those appear to be Exim-specific logs (handled via its own internal
logger?)  If not, colour me clueless.

SA logs via the "mail" facility of syslog (IIRC - I don't think this has
changed except in the details of *what* is logged in quite some time).
Check your syslog configuration to see where mail.* syslog messages get
stored.

-kgd