David Cottle wrote:
> I am using spamassassin 3.1.6  Its working fine except I cant get
> DCC, Pyzor, Razor 2 and spamcop tests to work, when I lint the rules
> it just complains its in local mode.

Run a test message through with debugging turned on.

  | spamassassin -d -t -D 2>&1 | less

Then look for something like these lines.

  [16563] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
  [16563] dbg: dns: Net::DNS version: 0.48
  [16563] dbg: pyzor: network tests on, attempting Pyzor

Look in /etc/spamassassin/*.pre and verify that the plugins that you
wish to be enabled are enabled.  Some such as DCC are not open and so
are commented out by default.

> Here is my --lint dump, you will see all the 'local tests only, skipping xx'

Running --lint is always in local mode.  It is a passive check of rule
syntax and not an active check of networking.

Bob