Well, I tried to contact some people responsible for
the servers below that what they were doing was broken,
including citing chapter and verse where in RFC-2822 in
syntax of the Received: lines was spec'd out:

and which fields it requires (like the semi-colon followed by the
timestamp coming after a comment field) [cf: RFC 2822, section 3.6.7:

received        =       "Received:" name-val-list ";" date-time CRLF

name-val-list   =       [CFWS <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2822#ref-CFWS>]
[name-val-pair *(CFWS name-val-pair)]

including the definition of CFWS in 3.2.3.]

It just boggles my mind why anyone would go through that much trouble
to deliberately damage a header line, rather than just delete it.

Well, maybe they'll get a whiff of the errs of their ways in the
Hall of Spam Shame...

-Philip