On Thursday 23 November 2006 00:32, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> t's worth hassling your ISP. If they want to sell 'business' packages
> then an rDNS *should* be part of the deal (imo). If your current ISP
> won't do it, switch to one that will, they are out there. I'm
> surprised none seem to use it as a selling point.

Maybe in a large metro area you can switch,

Pretty hard to switch when there is but one or two available.

Yes, I think the reverse ought to come with the paid static,
but in most cases i've looked into, it doesn't.

I've been less than successful browbeating the techs on the other end
of the line into even trying to set this up.

(last one I talked to was configuring the static via a web based
utility, (from his windows machine, no less) and had no clue
about what he was actually setting or where the setting went.).

Further, I'm not sure it would help, because sorbs (and a few others)
consider all IPs dynamic/dhcp until told otherwise by the netblock owner.
A local (statewide) ISP had to furnish detailed lists of all static blocks
to sorbs or they would continue to list everyone as dynamic

--
John Andersen