On 11/26/06, Matt Kettler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
No, you can leave SA running.. however, while it's running sa-learn will
have the R/W lock on the bayes database, so no autolearning will happen
unless you're using the bayes_learn_to_journal option. (normally only
atime updates are journaled.)

yeah, I think I determined what is likely a showstopper..  I'm running
bayes per-user, not per domain or globally..  So expiring is going to
be one hell of a chore...  *sigh*

Yep..  at present the only way to "expire" it is to use check-whitelist
--clean on the database file. This will purge all the "single hit"
entries. This script comes in the "tools" subdir of the tarball, but
isn't installed by default. It also only seems to work with db_file type
AWL databases. No SQL support.

Hrm... I'm using MySQL so that script won't work, tho I'm sure I can
create a quick query to expire single hit entities...

IMHO, this limitation makes the AWL not-ready for primetime. I would not
use it on anything but fairly small-scale systems (ie: less than 5k
messages a day) until a reasonable expiry system is added.

Heh..  so several thousand users isn't a good idea, eh?  Well I think
I'll add a timestamp field and start expiring that way...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[EMAIL PROTECTED]