--On Friday, March 10, 2006 5:08 PM -0800 Kenneth Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anyone know of a good validator that can be run over a MIME part to
report on the quality of the HTML? This might be used as a go/no-go
filter at milter level, or it could be used as an SA plugin to assign a
variable score based on the quality of the HTML.

For mailing lists catering to newbies who love HTML and can't understand
why us old-timers hate it, we can set the list to exclude all invalid
HTML. "Sure, we'll accept your HTML. But only if it's really HTML. Not
that crap that most MUA's write."

I was trying to remember a web page I found that counseled not to use DOCTYPE and HTML tags around email to escape spam filters (pretty weird advice IMO) and I ran across indications that AOL is rejecting mail that fails to pass validation:

<http://www.petefreitag.com/item/307.cfm>
<http://info.aol.co.uk/about/spam/mailer-daemon.adp>
<http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvufo.html>
<http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3490146>