On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:10:58 +0200, "Leon Kolchinsky"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I thought I was wrong and "amavis restart" didn't really helped there, but
>there is an update for this problem I had with configuration in local.cf not
>catching.
>
>It seems that only when I do /etc/init.d/amavis restart, all configs in
>local.cf are coming intact.
>
>I've used to an old version of amavis and SA on Suse, where you would only do
>changes to local.cf and "spamd restart".
>
>1) So, my question is - Is this a normal behavior?
>2) For every change in local.cf should I do now only "amavis restart" and no
>"spamd restart"?
>

>Regards,
>Leon

As far as I am aware any setting changes in the local.cf need a
restart of spamd. Whether or not amavis does this for you I don't
know. I do recall someone recently mentioning that the Amavis doesn't
give enough time and/or wait for the return from spamd. Though this
may not be at all related to your issue.

For a simple test. Make a change and manually restart spamassassin,
then undo the change, restart just amavis and see if amavis picks it
up?

HTH

Kind regards

Nigel