Chris Lear wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. I've reluctantly whitelisted them and written
a polite message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] It doesn't seem to have
bounced, so maybe someone will read it. I'll let you know if I get a
response.
Meanwhile, I suppose this is something for others to be aware of if you
run an mta that rejects on high SA scores (and have users that might
want to fly EasyJet).

*nod* FYI, I would personally not reject lower than 8 (the threshold I've been using on several ISP role accounts), and IIRC a number of people have several thresholds for different actions (depending on what's calling SA) - eg SMTP reject at 15, tag-and-divert at 10, tag-and-deliver at 5. As an ISP mail filter admin, I've had far too many FP reports with scores in the 7-10 range. :(

(I also didn't have to option of SMTP-rejecting mail originally, because the filter server was a second hop internally, and the machine relaying *to* it was, erm, grumpy about its outbound relay rejecting anything.)

-kgd