There has been some correspondence on this matter recently but I'm
still having problems.  I'm running SA 3.1.3 from debian backports on
an AMD K6.  I'm running the spamd daemon and launching spamc from
procmail.  I've been getting the following message:

spamd[3775]: bayes: expire_old_tokens: child processing timeout at
/usr/sbin/spamd line 1086.

After a while SA seems to pack up completely and spammy messages stop
getting filtered.

I tried to fix up this by creating a daily cron job that runs the following:

sa-learn --force-expire --sync

I still notice that I am getting the message towards the end of the 24
hour period before the cron job is run again.

Is it reasonable to set up a cron job that will run "sa-learn" more
frequently than every 24 hours (eg 6 hourly), or is there another
solution to this (short of upgrading my ancient hardware)?