I am running SpamAssassin version 3.1.7.  I have few questions regarding the
working of spamassassin:

1) In /etc/mail/spamassassin, there is a file called init.pre.  Is it necessary
to have that contents of that file in local.cf?

2)  I am running exim and calling spamd from within exim.  When I do
check_whitelist, I get the following:
Cannot open file /root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist: No such file or directory
Is there any thing I should have done for AWL to work?

3)  Lately we are getting lot of spam consists of images+text.  While some are
caught a large proportion of them are not marked as spam.  I am using Botnet.cf
and in the same directory have Botnet.pm file.  Is there any other rule that
can be used to catch this kind of spam?

Many thanks

Sujit