On Monday 04 December 2006 16:19, John D. Hardin wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Ian Turner wrote:
> > When used in combination with, say, DC_GIF_UNO_LARGO,
> > RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL, and RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET, this rule can help
> > make a more solid prediction.
>
> The perceptron doesn't create meta rules, does it?

Nope, although you can always create them and see what score it gives them.
But what I actually meant when I said "in combination" was not meta rules,
but simply the sum-of-scores rule aggregation that spamassassin already does.
Each of the rules may provide the suggestion of spam, but most rules are not
scored high enough to mark an e-mail as spam on their own -- several rules
must match in order to make a "spam" decision.

Cheers,

--Ian Turner