Bazooka Joe wrote:
> rules_du_jour seems to fail on lint. I am trying to figure that out
> now but I have a different question.  Has channels replaced
> rules_du_jour? Should I be using something else to update my sare
> rules?
>
> thx
>
> -bazooka
>
> ps I am using SpamAssassin 3.1.4
>
> pps below are the lint errors if anyone has come across it before I
> delve into it.
>
> Lint output: [29533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping:
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
> [29533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: <html>
> [29533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: <head><meta
> name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 8.0" /><meta
> name="CODE_LANGUAGE" content="C
> [29533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: <meta
> name="keywords"
> content="emporium,rule,school,supply,bulletin,board,back,to,list,3">
> [29533] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: <meta
> name="description" content="child art teacher supply classroom store
> discount boat part propeller">

I ran into this problem a while back when the RDJ update site had some
problems.  What happens is that a placeholder or 404 page gets downloaded to
the rule file.

To fix it, just empty the RDJ working directory and force it to download
all of the rules again.  On my machine, the directory is
/etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour.

So just do this:

    rm /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/*
(assuming your directory is located in the same place as mine)

And then run rules_du_jour again and it should work fine.

--
Bowie