Matthias Keller wrote:
John Rudd wrote:
Marc Perkel wrote:
I'm someone who works from home and provides so service from home. So I would not want to be prohibited from running an email server from home. But if I had to got to a web panel that my ISP provided to open up ports that would be fine with me.

I'm curious.. as someone who ALSO runs a home mail server...

What's wrong with evolving best practices to require that our outgoing email be channeled through our ISP's mail server, instead of having our customer-assigned IP addresses directly connect to other people's mail servers?
And forcing users to use their ISP's mail server efficively defeats SPF

a) they can/should include their ISP in their SPF record

b) SPF defeats itself; preserving SPF is a non-reason for objecting to a new practice.

And just closing port 25 outgoing wont help for long as spammers just switch to submission port

I don't see your point here. If a spammer contacts my MSP port, they're going to have to know an account and password to authenticate as. Anyone who isn't requiring their clients to auth on their MSP port kind of deserves to have their MSP port inundated with spam. And if they allow those messages to route out, then they're acting as an open-relay of sorts, and deserve to have their mail server blacklisted.

Spammers switching to the MSP port seems to me to be a non-issue.