I thought of disaster recovery backup.
I've read the man pages but still not clear about backing up Bayesian DB files
(I don't use SQL DB for now).

1) Is the following command is legit?
sa-learn --sync --showdots --backup > backup.txt

Is this command make backup of bayes_seen, bayes_toks, user_prefs,
auto-whitelist altogether?

2) Should I stop SA(amavisd-new) from running during this backup?

3) Where can I read amore about AWL backup and .mutex files (I'm not familiar
with those)?

4) Where can I find bayes expiration configuration? Didn't see it in my
local.cf? What are the default values and how to change those?

> > # ls -l /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/
> > total 14366
> > drwx------  2 vscan vscan      280 Dec 11 15:18 .
> > drwx------  1 vscan root       456 Dec 10 11:29 ..
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan  2650112 Dec 11 15:52 auto-whitelist
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan        6 Dec 11 15:52 auto-whitelist.mutex
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan     5466 Dec 11 15:50 bayes.mutex
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan    74520 Dec 11 15:52 bayes_journal
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan 10498048 Dec 11 15:50 bayes_seen
> > -rw-------  1 vscan vscan  5341184 Dec 11 15:50 bayes_toks
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vscan vscan     1547 Oct 26 09:24 user_prefs

Regards,
Leon