>> I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know a good source that
>> breaks down IP addresses by country?
>>
>> =20
>>
>> I=92ve added a number of IP addresses to my hosts.deny file just from
>> =91experience=92.
>>
>> =20
>>
>> My server never gets e-mail from countries outside of the US.  So, I=92m
>> looking for an effective way to block by country.
>>
>> =20

Hi,

you dont even receive direct mail from fellow spam assassins outside the US?

Well, countries.blackholes.us is a dns based service, so if you want to look up
1.2.3.4, you would query 4.3.2.1.countries.blackholes.us
It returns a 3 digit iso country code encoded as the ip, and a two letter
country code as a TXT
record. So if the server is in china, <ou would get 127.1.5.6 (for 156) or "cn"

Wolfgang Hamann