Well, I have a simple plan. Spammers are inherently greedy, right? Why not offer a $25k-$25mil a head bounty on any spammer captured and brought to justice? Even if we can't convict them on crimes of spamming, we can certainly get them on fraud and other things. There's plenty of laws on the books that we could throw at them. The nice part about it would be that we wouldn't need to lift a finger. At least not initially. We just advertise it worldwide, create some high profile example cases, show people getting paid and let greed take over. Spammers would then go after each other like a pack of piranhas quickly thinning the herd to just a handful at most. The benefits they would see from this would be:

1.  Reduced competition.
2.  Easy money in their pockets.

That system would probably work so well that it'd likely run out of money several times along the way. But man, imagine all the spammers that'd be taken out of circulation. :D Out of the hundreds of spammers, scammers and phishers out there now that spam, there'd likely only be 2-5 left worldwide once this went into effect. ;)

Steven Lake
Owner/Technical Writer
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net