Gino Cerullo wrote:
On 13-Dec-06, at 12:53 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:

Yep - they are using "normal" email technology. That's supposed to work. That's what SPF breaks. It also breaks email forwarding.

I prefer to say "email forwarding breaks SPF" but that's just semantics.

The truth of the matter is that email forwarding makes up less than 0.001% of all email so, when it happens its an minute annoyance at best since the sender is made aware of the forwarded address and the message can be re-sent.

What percentage of email is forwarded is going to be highly site specific. For example, at my site, it's very much heavier than .001%, which means problems caused by SPF and interfering with forwarding become more than "minute annoyances".