From: Yves Goergen
Sent: Mon 18-Dec-06 23:20
To: Theo Van Dinter
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: sa-update is broken

On 18.12.2006 18:04 CE(S)T, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:01:38PM +0100, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> BTW, to make the update work on a default SA installation, you need to
>> specify a different path:
>>
>>     # sa-update --updatedir /usr/local/share/spamassassin
>>
>> Is that by intent?
>
> Um.  No you don't.  In fact, you really don't want to do that.  See
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates

Aha, and that stupid little tool can't tell me that before? Maybe a
Wiki-style of a documentation isn't well suited for beginners that don't
know the correct search terms.

Is this the home of the SA documentation?
http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc.html
I wouldn't know where to click at all to find anything on that page.
Looks like a loose collection of some special short notes to me but not
at all like a structured handbook where you can find your topic like in
those printed on paper a couple of years ago. :(

So now my SA setup is supposed to be broken or what? Well, it still
works so I guess when the next SA version comes out, it'll fix this again.

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>