Tony Guadagno wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have been reading and I don't see my problem exactly.  This is my
> local.cf  I am using 3.1.7  I have report_safe =1 and the rewrite_header set.
> from the docs "For the Subject header, this will be prepended to the original
> subject."  the problem i have is the string is not prepended to the original
> subject, it replaces it.  I have an example below.  Why?  What am I missing
> here?

I've never seen that behavior before, or anything remotely resembling it.

You've posted 3 times now, but never with any different information...

I'm taking some wild guesses here but:

1) How do you call spamassassin? do you use amavis, qmail-scanner,
mailscanner or the like? or just a call to spamc from procmail?

2) Does this happen to all spam, or just some? If some, have you looked
at the raw message to see if it contains two Subject: headers in the
original?

> If there is  a way for me to forward an example, please let me know and I
> will.  I tried and it was bounced back as spam .... lol

In this case, only the headers will matter, you should be able to
forward an example of just the headers without triggering any
substantial score. (The list kicks back at a fairly high score threshold..)

Odds are it's a URL in the body causing every SURBL in existence to
fire, while it doesn't matter here because you can leave the body out,
generally speaking you can post most spams if you mangle the URLs.