From: "ToTheCenter.com" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ok, I upgraded to 3.1.7 and when I run
spamassassin -V

it tells me with confidence that it's 3.1.7

when i receive mail though the header still says 3.1.5 and it's configurations are nothing that i set via:
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
------------------------------------

OKAY further info.

it seems there was a second copy:
/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/

I deleted that copy as one posters suggestion and now maillog says:
gatherq: can't stat /home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/mqueue.scanned/qfj88GjEaC006731

I am running Ensim

What the hell is Ensim? It looks like it's a Windows and Exchange based
web server when I visit their site.
I'd put back the "second copy" you removed and try again.

/home/virtual/FILESYSTEMTEMPLATE/services/sendmail/ is not a standard
SpamAssassin location of any sort. You may need to get help from the
Ensim folks. It looks like it is a VERY non-standard sort of environment.

{O.O}