John Andersen wrote:
On Tuesday 09 January 2007 06:47, Jack Gostl wrote:
Now that you mention it, yes, it had a Geocities URL.

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Andersen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@spamassassin.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: "Dear Homeowner" spam

One more reason to permanently blacklist geocities in SURBL IMHO.

Small deployments could get away with it, but if you're a large ISP you'd never here the end of the complaints about it. My WebRedirect plugin takes care of geocities spam nicely though.

Even a better reason for the Spamassassin team to find out how
this spammer manages to consistently evade all filters.
These spams have been slipping through for so long I'm starting
to suspect an inside job.

After asking a number of times, I'm still not sure if I get this spam. The closest one I can figure is the mortgage spam I get that used to have "dear homeowner" in it, but now usually just has a subject of "Your application has been accepted" or something similar and a body paragraph that starts with "Bad credit OK,".

Can someone forward me a copy of the spam in question as an attachment?

Daryl