From: Daryl C. W. O'Shea [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 10:40 AM
To: Sherman Lilly
Cc: users@spamassassin.apache.org
Subject: Re: USER_IN_WHITELIST problem

Sherman Lilly wrote:
> I have spam getting through that would get filtered if they were not
> getting -100 because of the USER_IN_WHITELIST rule. I do have a
whitelist but
> no of these spam email have anything close to my whitelist.

Yes they do, otherwise you wouldn't see USER_IN_WHITELIST hitting.

It's probably hitting on whatever the envelope from address is (found in

the Return-Path header).  Most of the time this happens when people
whitelist their own domain using whitelist_from.

Daryl

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
message.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner
and is believed to be clean.