On Thursday 25 January 2007 6:33 am, Michael Connors wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to spamassassin so sorry if my question is a bit stupid.
> I have mail spamassassin 3.1.0 running with mailscanner.
> It updates it self via RulesDuJour on a regular basis and I get an email
> which informs me of the update.
> This morning I noticed that there was a error in the process, I received
> a second email which contained the following plus a traceback that
> mentioned missing operators.
>
> **WARNING***: spamassassin --lint failed.
> Rolling configuration files back, not restarting SpamAssassin.
> Rollback command is:  mv -f /etc/spamassassin/antidrug.cf
> /etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/antidrug.cf.2; mv -f
> /etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/antidrug.cf.20070125-0029
> /etc/spamassassin/antidrug.cf;
>

> I couldnt rollback because the file antidrug.cf.20070125-0029 did not
> exist so I decided to run spamassassin --lint at the command line myself
> expecting the same error but instead it ran ok, I sent the spamassassin
> test email to myself and it was caught so everything seems to be working
> as expected, however I would really like to know why the above error was
> thrown.
> Regards,
> Michael

The creator of antidrug posted a thorugh explanation of the where and when
regarding this rule (see
marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=spamassassin-users&m=116965442518029&w=2).  Without
trying to sound holier-than-thou (lord knows, I'm the last one that should
cop that attitude), you should search the archives first.  That said, a
precis of Matt Kettler's post:

1.  The location of antidrug.cf has moved, and;
2.  It's included in SA 3+ and, in fact, can be counter-productive if used in
combination with same.

HTH.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.