Until the spammers build in retry into their bots, I'm a
firm believer of greylisting.

They have. I'm a sys admin at a major hosting provider, and I've seen it in action on at least one customer's box who was using greylisting. Considering spammers have near-infinite resources, it was only a matter of time before they'd either retry delivery on the same message, or simply wait an hour or so and try sending a new message.

But even with some spammers are starting to retry, greylist is still > a MAJOR antispam feature, which will block, in my experiences, more than 85-90% of all SPAMs received by the system.

Perhaps now that's the case, but give it a few months until all the spambots out there start paying attention to deferrals and retrying. Greylisting may be effective now, but it's only a matter of time before the spammers learn to adapt, just like they have to everything else.