Loren Wilton wrote:

> I know this is doubtless trivial, but I've never done it, and don't know
> how.
>
> I just got a perfectly valid Physics News weekly newsletter from the
> AIP, and it got SPF_SOFTFAIL for 2.4 points, kicking it into the spam
> bucket.  If this is a config problem on their end I should tell them to
> fix it.  If it is just a transient lookup failure or the like I should
> ignore it, and I don't know which to do.  ;-)

How? you have to retrieve the txt part of the dns register:

$ dig hotmail.com txt

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> hotmail.com txt
;; ANSWER SECTION:
hotmail.com.            3600    IN      TXT     "v=spf1
include:spf-a.hotmail.com include:spf-b.hotmail.com include:spf-c.hotmail.com
include:spf-d.hotmail.com ~all"

AIP.org doesn't have one:

$ dig aip.org txt

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> aip.org txt
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

So the question is, if there is no SPF why should SA score against it?  It
shouldn't, there must be something wrong with your setup.
--
René Berber