I am getting the following as a bounced message when I send mail to
this one person:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host tane-uma.de[81.169.136.73] said: 550 5.2.1
   Mailbox unavailable. Sender domain must have a DNS MX or A/CNAME record.

I have never seen anything like this for any other email I send from
the same server, and I am wondering if it is something I have set up
wrong, or a problem on their end.  I assume this is a spam prevention
technique.

I run several (virtual) domains off my one server, so if they are
doing a reverse DNS lookup, it is not going to return the correct
domain, but I know a lot of servers do this as well.    If this is
indeed what they are doing, how can you set up a sever that hosts
several domains off a single IP address to not fail this spam test?

The other thing that might be complicating this is that server1.net
(1.2.3.1) hosts email for email1.net and email2.net.  But, when I send
email for [EMAIL PROTECTED], server2.net (1.2.3.2) is the outgoing server.
I do this so I can just manage one severs that is relaying mail from
client apps (thunderbird).   I don't think this is that abnormal, if
not, how do I make it work correctly for this kind of spam detection?

Or is the receiving server just broken?

I apologize that this isn't a 100% spamassassin related question.

Ron