Hi,

Jack Gostl wrote:
I've been watching this for awhile, and there is now a pattern to what I'm seeing.

I'm running a configuration with multiple users sharing a bayes files. This is an interim move to facilitate the spamassassin upgrades, and like many interim moves its been going on for a long time.

When I first build the bayes files from my personal folders and my spam archives, things were great. 99.8% of the spam caught or better. Then, usually after a week or so, the number starts to drop. Right now, its down to 97%, in another day or two it will be down below 95%. With the amount of spam we receive, that is a lot of missed junk mail.

So I blow away my bayes* files, rebuild, and I'm back up to darn near 100% caught. For about a week. Then the deterioration begins again.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this an artifact of too many users sharing a spam file?

Also.... I retrain each night, feeding any missed spams plus any new hams received back through sa-learn. I can't see how that makes it worse, but who knows.

Do you have autolearn enabled?

Uh... yes? You are suggesting that I turn it off? I had always assumed that if the Bayes learned something as ham that it shouldn't, sa-learn was smart enough to undo it.

Change the thresholds for auto learning.  Mine are:

bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam -0.1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 12.0

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples