Gene Heskett wrote:
With all due respect, that's 100% BS. MIME was invented to handle the non-ascii stuff, and does it very well except for M$, who couldn't follow a std rule with a loaded 44 magnum stuck in Bills ear.

100% BS? So end-users don't like formatting in their messages? Email is still all-ASCII? Websites are still all-text? Or are you responding to something else?

There is, its the proper use of mimetypes.

I'm not talking about the MIME structure, I'm talking about the formatted version of the message. Last I looked, MIME *by itself* didn't allow you to change fonts or colors, add bold or italics, create bulleted lists that flow properly, allow images to appear within a document instead of as a separate segment, etc.

In other words, what can adequately replace text/html in the non-plaintext multipart/alternative section such that HTML becomes irrelevant for legitimate uses? Microsoft Word? PDF? RTF? Any of those would be worse, IMO. text/richtext might do the job, except Eudora is the only client I can think of that composes in it.

--
Kelson Vibber