Hi,

Rocco Scappatura wrote:
I think the next thing you need to do is run the command with the -D switch.

The output is attached..

There are a few problems that jump out at me here, I am sure others will pick up on any I have missed:

1.
    [30482] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? no
    [30482] dbg: dns: is DNS available? 0

These lines indicate that the Net::DNS Perl module is not installed. Without this no network tests will be run. You MUST install this module to get best use out of SA.

2.

    [30482] dbg: bayes: using username: amavis
    [30482] dbg: dbiplugin: Creating uncached database handle to
'bayes:mysql2.sttspa.intranet_bayes_bayes_AutoCommit=0_PrintError=0_Username=bayes'
    [30482] dbg: bayes: unable to connect to database: Access denied for
       user 'bayes'@'80.74.176.142' (using password: YES)
    [30482] dbg: config: score set 1 chosen.
    [30482] dbg: dbiplugin: Creating uncached database handle to
'bayes:mysql2.sttspa.intranet_bayes_bayes_AutoCommit=0_PrintError=0_Username=bayes'
    [30482] dbg: bayes: unable to connect to database: Access denied for
       user 'bayes'@'80.74.176.142' (using password: YES)

Thes lines indicate that you have configured your Bayes system to use a MySQL database, but the connection to the database has failed. This looks like permission problems on the MySQL server.

3.

    [30482] dbg: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/antidrug.cf

You have the antidrug.cf rules file in your local config directory. The rules in this file are now included in the standard rule set for SA 3.x. This could be 'downgrading' some tests, remove this file.

4.

You still don't appear to have the 70_sare_stocks.cf file installed. Get it from http://www.rulesemporium.com and install it in the local rules folder.

Fix these problems and you should start to see much better results from SA.

It doesn't look like you are running any network tests, you are certainly not running any Bayes tests.

I have executed the command you've sayed me after lauching spamd..

Can you remind us what OS this is on, what version of spamasssassin, how you installed SA, how you call SA?

I call SA via amavisd-new-2.4.4

I am not familiar with amavis, but you should always restart the daemon after making any changes to SA rules or configuration.

# /usr/bin/spamassassin --version
SpamAssassin version 3.1.7
  running on Perl version 5.8.8

OS: SLES 10
Linux av5 2.6.16.21-0.8-bigsmp #1 SMP Mon Jul 3 18:25:39 UTC 2006 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

rocsca

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples