Michael Connors wrote:

On 14/02/07, *maillist* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Michael Connors wrote:
     > Hi,
     > I have been getting a lot of spam messages as indicated in the
    content
     > preview below.
     >
     > """
     > Content preview:  ENERGY COMPANY ALERT!! Search for: UTEVCurrent
    price:
     >   $0.016 Market: bullish!!! TRADE SMART AND WIN WITH US NOW!! [...]
     >
     > Content analysis details:   (7.1 points, 5.0 required)
     >
     >  pts rule name              description
     > ---- ----------------------
     >  0.1 RCVD_BY_IP             Received by mail server with no name
     >  1.7 SARE_MLB_Stock1        BODY: SARE_MLB_Stock1
     >  1.7 SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3   BODY: Last week's hot stock scam
     >  0.1 HTML_50_60             BODY: Message is 50% to 60% HTML
     >  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
     >  0.1 HTML_FONT_BIG          BODY: HTML tag for a big font size
     >  3.5 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99
    to 100%
     >                             [score: 1.0000]
     >
     > The original message was not completely plain text, and may be
    unsafe to
     > open with some email clients; in particular, it may contain a virus,
     > or confirm that your address can receive spam.  If you wish to view
     > it, it may be safer to save it to a file and open it with an editor.
     > """
     >
     > This sort of spam still ends up in my inbox.
     >
     > Is the [score: 1.0000] the total spam score for this email?
     > I find it strange that it these get through as they are the first
     > non-image spams to get through more than a couple of times.
     >
     > Are there other rules that this spam should be hitting?
     > --
     > Michael Connors
    Is this always happening with spam messages, or do some go to a drop-box
    of some sort?  What all do you run along with SA to get the message
    discarded?

    I use mimedefang, and am having the same sort of problem, but it is only
    a few messages that get through.

Hi,
I tag them with a spam score and anything under 10 gets to the mail box, anything over 5 arrives with {spam x} in the subject line, these ones however repeatedly get through and have spam scores like this in the mesage header.

-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam, SpamAssassin (score=1.749,
        required 4, BAYES_50 0.00, HTML_50_60 0.09, HTML_MESSAGE 0.00,
        SARE_PROLOSTOCK_SYM3 1.66)

Even though they appear to be caught when I run them through at the command line.

I dont seam to have a problem with other types of spam.

You have a different Bayes result for command line versus MailScanner. It also looks like you have a different set of rules used by the command line and not MailScanner.

What user do you run the command line checks as, and what user does MailScanner run as?

Do you run sa-update?

Some versions of MailScanner required a configuration setting to be correctly set before it would find the rules downloaded by sa-update.

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples