Justin Mason wrote:
DAve writes:
Justin Mason wrote:
Theo Van Dinter writes:
I'm assuming that there will be a Google Summer of Code 2007 going on, and
that the ASF will be involved again.  So it's a good time to start thinking
about things we'd like to put up as possible projects.

We still have a number of items from last year that we could use again.
Anything else that we'd like people to code up?
Also, any suggestions from outside the dev team?  Anyone got good ideas
for new SpamAssassin features that would be good to pay someone to work on
for 3 months?

--j.
Maybe, several of us use MailScanner. MailScanner does not use spamc, it loads SA directly. One of the features of MailScanner is called MCP or Message Content Protection. MCP uses, or attempts to use, SA to do specific targeted message content checking. Many people, we included, would like to be able to use this but it seems there is always some gotcha to having SA loaded in MailScanner twice. Problems with the directory paths, rules in memory, etc.

The ability to run SA with two totally different configurations in the same application would very handy. Different rules for outbound mail vs inbound mail, MCP(as in this user wants zero mail with the word "breast" regardless of the rest of the message content) are just two examples.

Contacting Julian on the MailScanner list would give far better examples and details than I could.

cc'd Julian.

This could definitely be done -- I didn't realise there was demand for
it ;)

This should probably be opened as a bug on the bugzilla, btw.
is it already there?

--j.

No, I didn't really think it a bug, nor a feature request. I kinda viewed it as a future path. Sounds like I am late to the game this morning anyway and Jules will enter it.

DAve

Veterans?