Hi Jo,
At 16:17 21-02-2007, Jo Rhett wrote:
The point of sending a note about this to the mailing list is that
this problem will effect *EVERYONE* who gets crackberry messages, and
thus it could probably use a real fix instead of forcing everyone to
fix it locally.

The problem affects people using the LW_STOCK_SPAM4 rule with a low reject score when they receive blackberry messages. As mentioned previously, LW_STOCK_SPAM4 is not a rule distributed with SpamAssassin.

I'm really not sure what you are talking about.  We could always fix
the ruleset instead of ride-em-cowboy hacking the local config on
every server...

A fix for blackberry messages opens the way for abuse. That is why site-specific rules to reduce the score were suggested earlier in the discussion.

Well, why don't you report it to them?

Because I don't view it as a problem for a message to a mailing list discussing about spam.

Regards,
-sm