Am Freitag, 23. Februar 2007 10:37:51 schrieb David Goldsmith:

> Check your mail log for error messages like this one:
>
> spamd[12960]: prefork: server reached --max-children setting, consider
> raising it
>
> We've been running spamd with '-m8' (max children spawned) for quite
> sometime and all of a sudden yesterday, we started getting similar
> behavior where email was coming through without SA headers.
>
> I'm guessing that some of the network checks we are doing are taking
> longer thus tying up the spawned spamd child processes longer.  I bumped
> our -m arg from 8 to 12 (still got the error) and then to 24 -- that
> seems to have helped.
>
> David Goldsmith

nothing like that in my mail log.

in fact, i dont even see a line reading "spamd: processing message $MSGID" for
the offending mails in my mail log...

the last bits in my mail log about the message id of the offending message is
when its comes out of clamsmtpd, and gets passed to "spamcheck" which is my
local transport through spamd and then into imap. but no spamd lines about
that mail.

bye,
        MH