> Kenneth Porter wrote:
> > I'm looking for an MTA I can install in an all-Windows
> SOHO. Open source
> > and free preferable. Ideally with hooks for SpamAssassin.
> (At home I
> > have a Linux box with sendmail, but a friend has no Linux
> on his LAN.)
>

> Free for a small number of user accounts (5 I think?), multi-platform
> (in case you want to run it on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris,
> MacOSX, etc. in
> addition to Windows), has free plugins for SpamAssassin and some
> anti-virus engines, but is not itself open source:
>
> CommuniGate Pro

Funny thing, I was just going to say that too.

CommuniGate Pro is not open source, but offers a free "community
edition" license (i.e., no key required) for 5 or less users. It runs
fine on Windows (I use it at the office), has free 3rd-party add-ons for
SpamAssassin (http://www.tffenterprises.com/cgpsa/) and ClamAV
(http://webmail.wcg.org/~support/cgFilterMessages/history.html).

HTH,
Bret