On Sunday 11 March 2007 18:09, Don Ireland wrote:
> I'm my email over from the services of fusemail.com to the IMAP server that
> comes with my shared hosting account.
>
> When I copy my messages over from the old server, do I just run SA-learn
> against the messages as they are?  Or will the fact that they have fusemail
> headers in them cause SA to think messages without fusemail headers are
> spam?

If so, you can make bayes ignore those headers with bayes_ignore_header in
local.cf. See the Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf(3pm) manpage.

> I've always deleted spam after training the filters so I don't have any to
> feed to to the new system.  Will that be a problem?

Having too great an imbalance in numbers between ham and spam will bias the
bayes classifier towards "everything is spam" or in this case "everything is
ham".

--
Magnus Holmgren        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)