Sure.

header __LOCAL_SENDER      From =~ /@example\.com/i
meta   FORGED_LOCAL_SENDER __LOCAL_SENDER && !TRUSTED_NETWORKS
score  FORGED_LOCAL_SENDER 1

This depends on a proper setting of TRUSTED_NETWORKS.

(Note: untested code, YMMV, etc.)

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Bill Minton wrote:

I'm looking to have Spamassassin mark messages where the from address is
forged with a valid local address.

For instance, if a local address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] and a spammer spoofs that,
then it initially appears as though [EMAIL PROTECTED] is sending an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (which is ok).

I've found that if the "From:" contains a valid local account, AND the
"envelope-from" (part of "Received:" doesn't match that account, it is
spam.  At least that's the case w/the ones I've looked over.

So, is it possible to write a rule to combine the two checks necessary to do
that?