I'm looking at rebuilding our mail gateway due to new hardware (and to
learn).

The plan at the moment is probably Redhat/CentOS/Fedora (mostly for rpm
availability) plus Postfix plus Spamassassin.

The box will be an in/out relay server and will accept mail for a few
domains and pass most of it off to our internal server.

With a couple of a domains there are a few local users with pop3
mailboxes.

I currently call Spamassassin (spamc/spamd) from Postfix via a simple
shell script, and we have a single set of whitelists/blacklists and a
single bayes DB etc.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I could setup spamassassin so that
valid users email address could have their own set of
blacklists/whitelists and bayes?

I assume I would need some sort of SQL (currently we use Berkeley DB for
the shared database).

I'm not a *nix admin by trade so I'm looking for kind of an "idiots
guide" on how I could do this.  I'm not too concerned about users being
able to change their own settings.

TIA,
Paul