Steven Stern wrote:
I suspect a rule that looks for "www*pill*org" would work. How do I turn
that into a regex?

Basic:                  /www.*pill.*org/
Slightly optimized:     /www.{1,30}pill.{1,30}org/

.    matches any character.
*    means anywhere 0 or more of the preceding item, so
.*   matches 0 or more of any character.
{X,Y} means anywhere from X to Y of the preceding item.

You don't want to use .* in a SA rule, though, because if it matches "www" it'll keep looking for a long time until it finds "pill" or runs out of text to look at. .{1,30} will match 1 to 30 of any character in a row, so if it finds "www" it will only look through 30 characters for "pill"

You can also make it more specific, matching things only at word boundaries, etc.

There's a good tutorial and reference at www.regular-expressions.info -- one of the few legit .info names I've seen.

--
Kelson Vibber