> Jason wrote:
> Thanks Jim and John, that helps a lot. I'm glad that qmail is like this
> by default because otherwise my setup would be to blame. :) I'm using
> qmail to handle incoming and outgoing mail for my domain but using a
> very old lan based mail server to actually deliver mail to our users so
> the qmail machine doesn't have any idea who's a valid user and who
> isn't, all non-junk goes into a single mailbox which our lan server
> then retrieves via pop. Outbound works similarly where our lan server
> relays through the qmail machine (no it's not an open relay).
>
> I'm loking at this patch at the moment:
>
> http://http.netdevice.com:9080/qmail/patch/goodrcptto-12.patch
>
> ...but will also look at the ones Jim suggested. Thanks again.
>
> -Jason

We highly recommend John Simpson's http://qmail.jms1.net and the validrcptto
patch as well.

There is actually a group of patches that John Simpson rolled into one....

Many goodies there that can be utilized...

He started that as an addon in regards to and with http://www.qmailrocks.org
and there is still good info although the site hasn't been as well kept as
it could have been the last 6 to 12 months.

There are many other items and links to check out on http://qmail.jms1.net
as well...

If you know and understand everything on that site and a coupla others
related to it, you will do extremely well with your mail server overall.

Of course, the tie in is that at some point I had to better learn about
Spamassassin and joined here for that.

Kind regards,

 - rh

--