> From: Justin Mason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: ANNOUNCE: Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 PRERELEASE available!
>
> Apache SpamAssassin 3.2.0-rc3 is now available!  This is a
*PRERELEASE*,
> not the full release of 3.2.0.

I have found the following (non-fatal) issues with SA v3.2.0-rc3:

1) Now that spamc is linked with zlib, it doesn't link correctly on
Solaris 8 where libz.so is in /usr/local/lib.  Attempting to run spamc
gives the following error:

ld.so.1: ../spamc/spamc: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No such file or
directory

A workaround is to use the following "make" command

# LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib make

but it would be better if the configuration code supplied the right link
options.

2) I tried to compile the rules to see how much speed increase I could
get, but it didn't work.  After running sa-compile and uncommenting the
Rule2XSBody plugin, I got the following error:

# spamassassin --lint
ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/spamassassin: fatal: relocation error: file
/var/lib/spamassassin/compiled/3.002000/auto/Mail/SpamAssassin/CompiledR
egexps/body_0/body_0.so: symbol
Mail_SpamAssassin_CompiledRegexps_body_0_scan17: referenced symbol not
found
Killed

This is with rc2 on Solaris 8.  I haven't tried it with rc3 yet because
it takes about 3 hours to compile on our development system.

3) I noticed the following rules were removed:

SUBJECT_DRUG_GAP_P
HTML_NONELEMENT_50_60
HTML_NONELEMENT_70_80
HTML_NONELEMENT_90_100
HTML_FONT_INVISIBLE
HTML_BACKHAIR_8
RISK_FREE
PORN_URL_SEX

I was wondering why some of the HTML_NONELEMENT_nn_nn rules were removed
and some were not.

>  * bug 5236: Support Mail::SPF replacement for Mail::SPF::Query.

Makefile.PL complains if Mail::SPF::Query is missing, even though it
knows that Mail::SPF is preferred.