Duncan Findlay writes:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 12:15:52PM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:
> > thanks Duncan -- a great read, and looks promising!
>
> > Would it help btw if we came up with a spec for what a score-generation
> > tool needs to generate, in terms of score ranges and so on?
> > This would also be useful for the future (I'm sure there'll be
> > more... ;)
>
> Probably not to me, but it might be useful to others. (I think I
> already know what needs to be done.) Also, it might limit creativity
> in possible solutions. We need a score ranges mechanism, we don't need
> the specific one we have now.

Sure.  However right now it takes a good bit of reverse engineering to
figure out what the rules are, they're not documented, and we're not going
to use code that doesn't use at least some of them -- and it's not clear
which subset are "real" rules and which subset are just workarounds for
undesirable behaviour by the GA or perceptron.

That's not exactly encouraging contributions. We should document it.

--j.