Theo Van Dinter writes:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 02:53:03PM -0400, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
> > >normal .spamassassinXXXXXXXXXXXtmp files in /tmp but is not always removing
> > >them.  The files that remain only ever contain garbage text, like what's
> > >seen as
> > >a mail attachment in a plain text file.  Without usable text from these
>
> fwiw, it sounds like the new "put non-text parts in a temp file" code.
> my version had those files removed when they were created, but I think
> I saw a mail float by recently about that bit getting changed before
> the release.

It does sound like that, alright.  The change was to support win32, which
doesn't allow the "open then unlink" POSIX mode that  the code was relying
on.

My guess -- if the Message object is not finish()'d, it may leave those
temporary files behind, I guess.

Could someone seeing this bug please open a bug on the bugzilla about it?

--j.
  • Re: TMP Files Justin Mason