[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
On Thu, 3 May 2007, Jerry Durand wrote:

All DSL/dialup accounts get a 554 from us (using a couple of RBLs), so I've actually seen our spam decrease lately.

I've used RBLs too, in the past. However, i've noticed legitimate mailservers sometimes turn up in such lists so we were "missing" mails, and there were quite a lot of complaints. I tried to put in less restrictive RBLs, but in the end I had to remove them.

Now I'm thinking to "enhance" my greylisting to check RBLs, and if the IP is found in an RBL, to increase the greylisting time...

I am not using greylisting so far, -and since recently it seems to get less effective -
 i consider not using it at all.
What seems to work here:

MTA-Level (Postfix):
helo-checks (they are surprinsingly most effective), and sender_verify (address_verify_mumble).

Some "trusted" RBLs.

SA:
Botnet Plugin:
High-Scores for "Inline-Images".
RBLs, razor2, dcc, pyzor (pay attention to licenses)
and a well trained bayes database ...

btw:
the "rejection" rate at MTA has gone up last days from
approx 40% to 55% so its a increase of spam, here too ...

K.

hth

--
Greetings