On Monday 07 May 2007 8:51 pm, Loren Wilton wrote:
> > rule SARE_OBFUMONEY1, line 1.
> >
> > I saw the same thing earlier this weekend but passed it off to possibly
> > something I didn't have configured right.
>
> No.  Its a combination of a perl bug and a change in SA to allow rules in
> other than the ascii character set.
> Previous versions of SA had 'use bytes' in the rule processing, so the
> regexs containing things like /\xA8/i worked fine.  Without use bytes, the
> combination of high bit characters and an uncased regex fall intp a perl
> bug, and at the very least result in this error message.
>
> We have to rewrite a fairly large number of the regexes, which ain't
> trivial to do, as they are large and hard to read.  And none of us have
> managed to get the time to do this since it showed up as a problem.  I'm
> hoping aI can make some time in a few days to fix this.
>
>         Loren

Thanks Loren, I doubt then that this accounts for the strange sa-update run I
had this morning which I've posted the cron output here:
http://mediasafe.embarq.com/chris1948/Hosted/saupdate0507.tar.bz2

Todays update run had such oddities as:

[1536] dbg: config: using "/tmp/.spamassassin1536V11iKbtmp/doesnotexist" for
sys rules pre files
[1536] dbg: config: using "/tmp/.spamassassin1536V11iKbtmp/doesnotexist" for
default rules dir
[1536] dbg: config: using
"/tmp/.spamassassin1536V11iKbtmp/doesnotexist/doesnotexist" for user prefs
file
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::RelayCountry from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC from @INC
[1536] dbg: dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Pyzor from @INC
[1536] dbg: pyzor: local tests only, disabling Pyzor
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Razor2 from @INC
[1536] dbg: razor2: local tests only, skipping Razor
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SpamCop from @INC
[1536] dbg: reporter: local tests only, disabling SpamCop
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AWL from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::AutoLearnThreshold
from @INC
[1536] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::TextCat from @INC

Yesterdays update was a normal one.

--