On Tue, 8 May 2007, DogMatz wrote:

> (server.marcelkorte.de [87.230.7.51])
>
> Well, I guess that the reason lies in "Received: from
> lvps87-230-7-51.dedicated.hosteurope.de".

Yup.

> But still. I don´t understand where that might come frome since
> nslookup 87.230.7.51 shows the correct hostname
> server.marcelkorte.de.

What the client says in its HELO command has nothing to do with what
its rDNS is. The client can say anything it wants in its HELO.

If that system is under your control, you should either verify that
your hostname is set to server.marcelkorte.de (most clients will use
the local hostname for the HELO), or check your MTA or mail client
program docs for how to explicitly specify what it says in the HELO.

That said, I would observe that HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR probably shouldn't
fire on a HELO containing the string "dedicated", but how many
possible variations of that theme are there...?

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Gun Control is marketed to the public using the appealing delusion
  that violent criminals will obey the law.
 546 days until the Presidential Election