> The content should be reported as Spam. The score (when I run from
> command line is just about 1.0 and required is 5.0). The text in
$message
> have very hardcore words. Shouldn't it be marked as spam?
>
> Are we formating the header correctly (i.e. each line is ending with
\n)?

'hardcore' words are not necessarily enough to determine that an item is
spam.

I suggest you start your testing with a real spam mail (and you can find
quite a lot of those in places like news.admin.net-abuse.sightings), using
the SpamAssassin command line interface.  Once you're happy that it scores
mail properly, feed the body plus your custom headers to the command line
interface.  Bear in mind that a good chunk of the SA rules check headers
for things like invalid timestamps, spam signs etc, so your effectiveness
may be crippled.

Thanks..will do that. I agree that the message we are testing against are
very short but I think most of the user generated content on our site will
be short (feedback, comments etc). So I guess we will have to write a lot
more custom rules to achieve what we really want.

regards,

B.G. Mahesh
http://www.greynium.com/
http://www.oneindia.in/