At 17:06 25-05-2007, Henry Kwan wrote:
Just updated to 3.20 this week and because everything seem to be working fine, I
didn't notice my log files getting bloated (up to 8GB!) by errors like this:

Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x00, immediately
after start byte 0xd
2) in pattern match (m//) at /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_adult.cf, rule
SARE_OBFUFCK1, line 1.

After googling, it seems the common answers are to either upgrade to Perl 5.88
(I'm running 5.85) or stop using the SARE rules.  Is there a third choice?
Perhaps an uncoming patch for 3.20?

That's a problem with the SARE rules with 3.20. It's not a bug in 3.20. See whether there is an updated version of 70_sare_adult.cf which fixes that.

Regards,
-sm